Chili Cook-off and Fellowship Dinner
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 10 • 5:00 PM • GYM
You are invited to a our second annual church-wide Chili Cook-off and Fellowship Dinner on Sunday, February 10, at 5:00 pm. You can choose to enter the chili contest or just bring chili (or side item) and enjoy a meal and time of fellowship together. Sign up for both no later than Thursday, February 8. There are limited slots open in the competition.
There will be no Youth Group or Truth Trackers during the fellowship dinner.
Chili Cook-off Rules
The International Chili Society defines Homestyle Chili as “the cook’s favorite combination of ingredients resulting in a dish seasoned with chili peppers and spices.”
You may use any type or cut of meat with any color or type of sauce. Chili will be judged on the following five categories: Flavor, Texture, Consistency, Blend of Spices, and Aroma.
- Flavor: Chili should have a good flavor with a chili pepper taste that is neither too hot nor too mild.
- Texture: The texture of the meat should not be too tough or too mushy.
- Consistency: Chili’s consistency should neither be too thick nor too thin.
- Blend of Spices: The spices should permeate the meat and work together and not be overpowering.
- Aroma: The smell should be pleasing.
All persons who enter the contest should bring at least two to four cups of chili for the judges and one container for the Fellowship Dinner. The chili for the contest may be brought in a crock pot and plugged in, while the chili for the fellowship dinner should be brought hot and ready to serve. No garnishes are allowed in the contest.
You will be assigned a number prior to dropping off your chili, and judges will not be made aware who brought each chili.